You must have the correct permissions to see documents in this area
Volleyball Canada Links
- Coaching Association of Canada - The Locker (Your Certification)
- Volleyball Canada Coaching Centre (Online Training)
- Long Term Athlete Development for Volleyball in Canada
- Volleyball Canada Coaching Resources
- Coaching Principles
Practice Plans and Drills
- Teaching Skills - All Ages
- 14U - Training to Train A
- 14U Sample Coaches Manual
- 16U - Training to Train B
- 19U - Learning to Compete
- National Team Drills
Short video breaking down the basics of overhand serving.
Portland State coach Michael Seemann discusses his terminology for the mechanics of serving - lift, shift, pop.
1 Hand Jump Float
Portland State coach Michael Seemann discusses the one-handed jump-float volleyball serve.
Watch how to implement serving technique in this servers vs. passers drill:
Do your players need to work on their serving accuracy? Use this drill from Mark Barnard that has them trying to knock over a pyramid of balls!
John Dunning, Russ Rose, Terry Liskevych, and Mike Sealy discuss how they teach passing a volleyball at The Art of Coaching Volleyball Northern California Clinic at Stanford University.
Get beginner players to interact, communicate, and problem solve as they improve their passing skills with the pretzel passing drill.
Pass for Points
Competition where the point value depends on the quality of the pass.